How to Apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com
Ck Specialty Insurance Associates
This is a remote position.
About the Job
Hi, we’re Ck Specialty! We are a managing general agent and surplus lines broker that helps independent insurance brokers place hard to insure businesses and homes. We are seeking a full-time Production Underwriter and Broker for our fast-growing team! We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with strong interpersonal skills and an analytical mind that wants to be a part of something BIG! We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is for individuals committed to a successful career in the insurance industry that will provide financial independence and ability to work from anywhere in the world. We are looking for someone who understands that this is a growing role with a fast-growing company.
We cannot wait to see WHO will be joining our Dream Team – so we can be on this awesome journey together!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- The Production Underwriter/Broker is responsible for increasing sales by way of existing clients and securing new business customers by providing excellent customer service, product knowledge and creative and timely problem solving.
- Locate new sales opportunities by visiting existing and new customers and presenting our products and services.
- Maintain and increase current profitable books of business.
- Establish and foster client relationships and anticipate and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Respond to customer needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Participate in activities needed to support the growth of the company.
- Analyze, select, and profitably price risks of varying complexity.
- Determine terms and conditions of coverage on new and renewal business.
- Provide underwriting proposals and competitive rates in a timely manner.
- Maintain underwriting quality.
Qualifications/Skill sets sought:
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Technical competence.
- High school diploma.
- Prior experience with underwriting and/or brokering is required.
- A college degree is desired, but is not mandatory.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Critical thinking.
- Quick learner.
- Positive Attitude.
- Is driven to continually grow and improve their skills and values feedback and coaching.
- Enjoys working with others in a dynamic team environment.
- Able to handle stress and demands of job.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental offered
- 401k offered
- Vacation pay – 10 paid days off years 1 to 5, increasing afterward.
- 10 paid company holidays per year.
- Salary based on prior experience and strength of existing relationships with your clients.
- Education level – High School.